DIOCESAN ADVISORY June 11, 2020
Media reports have indicated significant spikes in Corona virus cases in 21 states that have re-opened or relaxed restrictions. As we approach the first weekend of public, in-church Masses, I remind the Diocese of our directions, lest there be any confusion:
- COVID-19 is still extremely contagious, especially indoors or in closed settings;
- The dispensation from the obligation to attend Sunday/Holy Day Masses remains in effect so that all Catholic faithful, in good conscience, are not required to be physically present in church; live-streamed Masses will continue in most parishes;
- Anyone who is sick or at risk should not come to church; that is not punitive but, rather, common sense and an act of charity toward your neighbors
- All parishes are expected to abide by occupancy and other regulations of the Diocese with care;
- Masks must be worn (no exceptions), physical contact of any kind must be avoided, social distancing must be practiced, proper sanitation must be observed at all public, in church Masses;
- Before attending public, in church Masses, the Catholic faithful are asked to consider any possible health and safety risks involved.
Diocese of Trenton DISCLAIMER: This electronic mail transmission is privileged and confidential and is intended only for the use by the party to whom it is addressed. If you have received this transmission in error, please disregard it.